Junior Recruitment Specalist
About Regen Organics
Regen Organics is an industry leader in regenerating agriculture, cities and communities. We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manufacture regenerative insect feed for animals, various organic fertilizers and ecofuels for use in fast growing emerging markets. Our technologies and professional logistics network are developed in-house to safely collect and transport residual organics generated in cities and their environs for upcycling into various regenerative products. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
Operational since 2011, Regen Organics collects and treats over 50,000T of residual organics per year, and successfully sells its agri-inputs to farmers in over 40 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. To date, nearly 6,000 farms have adopted regenerative farming. Our work is also pioneering climate action in Africa - we offset nearly 50,000T of carbon per year and we have big expansion plans to scale this impact. Our goal is to expand across Africa and Asia, safely processing 1,000,000T a year of waste and more than 1,000,000T of carbon emissions offsets per year in the next decade. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, by Earthshot Prize as a Finalist building a waste-free world, and by the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
The Recruitment Specialist will bring in their technical expertise to support the Senior Recruitment Specialists on recruitment-related matters across the organization.
1. Search for Quality Candidates
· Based on the labour market and recruitment trends, advise managers on best sourcing strategies for respective roles in order to attract quality candidates
· Improving inbound leads from better posting by using attractive language, clear JD and utilization of best sourcing strategies in order to access quality candidates
· Active outbound leads through scouring LinkedIn, other such databases, and partnerships with local and international universities and institutions for good matches for defined and undefined roles.
2. Attract Quality Candidates
· Sell the candidates on the organization, culture, and role through initial calls/meetings so they remain engaged throughout the screening process
· Sell to potential candidates the perks that come with working with the organization
· As the first point of contact, shape the recruitment experience for all potential hires in order to enhance our employer brand rating
3. Screen for Quality Candidates
· Co-develop and implement with hiring managers rigorous screening criteria/framework through written exercises and multiple interviews to develop a shortlist of top 5 candidates
· Periodically revise screening criteria/framework to ensure they remain up to date
· Promote candidate engagement by ensuring continuous communication with candidates throughout the interview process
4. Select Quality Candidates
· In liaison with the interviewing panel, evaluate individual candidate performance to determine the best hire
· Sell the selected candidate on the offer
· Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related course
· 3+ years of hands-on experience in identifying and hiring quality candidates in a fast-paced environment
· Must have experience in end-to-end recruitment, hiring for niche roles (hard-to-fill) and executive search of
· Knowledge in various sourcing techniques on social platforms and niche professional websites such as LinkedIn, GItHub
· Experience working with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
· Meticulous planner, high attention to detail, with a bias for action
· High Emotional Quotient, highly organized - thinking a step ahead,
· Excellent communicator with strong verbal and written skills
· Analytical mindset – familiar with recruitment matrices
· Experience working in a multicultural environment
Regen Organics/FreshLife is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.