Sales Associate - Kisumu (Field Based)
Fresh Life is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake two exciting lines of work:
We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi, Kisumu and Eldoret using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, the Sanergy group serves over 150,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day and safely removes nearly 20,000T of sanitation waste per year. We have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as part of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator and by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa.
We are expanding our franchise network, by identifying and selling our sanitation products and services. We are looking for Sales Associates who will be responsible for customer acquisition and retention and leading the sales and customer life cycle.
1. Meet established sales targets, goals, and quotas within the assigned territory.
· Generate new leads every month.
· Ensure that 80% of the new leads generated are converted.
· Ensure 100% retention of new customers month-on-month.
2. Market & Customer Expansion
· Establish plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the assigned sales area.
· Mapping and data collection to enable validation of a specific market territory.
· Maintain contact with clients in the market area to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
· Keep clear records of customer details in alignment with our client processes to ensure adherence.
3. Support and operations
· Report any operational issues within their sales area.
· Execute sales support processes to expedite the conversion of sales (FLR, issue GR forms, training, lease agreement signing).
· Ensure 100% FLRs are conducted accurately.
Diploma or degree in any Business or related field of study.
2-3 years of previous experience in field-based sales i.e. Working in FMCG or previous knowledge of informal settlements is required.
Comfortable working in informal settlements of Kisumu e.g. Nyalenda, Manyatta A,B, etc.
Confident and persuasive communicator (English and Swahili and the local language is required)
Good interpersonal skills, effective communicator, attentive to detail, strong problem-solving and interpretation skills.
Self-starter - Flexible and adaptable, able to perform tasks without repeated instructions, demonstrate sound work ethics.
Demonstrable experience in handling multiple customer demands, and target-based sales.
Flexible and adaptable, able to perform tasks without repeated instructions, demonstrate sound work ethics.
Physical Job Demands
90% of the job is field-based mainly in working in the informal settlements presenting to Plot owners, Institutions, and business people within Kisumu.
Applicants must be physically fit and can walk/ stand for long hours
Applicant must have a working smartphone to make use of our Sales App
Regen Organics/FreshLife is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.