Senior HR Business Partner
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation solutions. Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in cities. Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery systems.
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
We are seeking a motivated Lead Talent Partner who will work closely with the Sanergy Talent Partner to provide exceptional strategic support to business leaders of the Production/Manufacturing unit and employees on all things talent-related.
- Support in setting and driving the Talent team goals and objectives at the Talent Partner level through developing and implementing short term Talent plans based on an understanding of current and future needs of the business
- Coach Talent Partners to ensure they are supported and motivated to meet set objectives
- Identify development needs coming out performance review conversations with Talent Partners, create a plan to support them, and implement the plan
- Lead the implementation of new talent processes and tools as needed
- Directly support assigned business leaders to provide them with guidance and input on Talent related matters as needed to help their teams excel, and be in line with the labor laws and best HR Practices, including:
- Organization design support
- Performance management
- Talent development support
- Lead problem solving efforts to ensure that Talent issues at the Talent Partner level are escalated as necessary and resolved in a timely manner
- Identify gaps in Talent systems and processes and share recommendations for improvement with the General Manager for Talent.
- Develop, roll out, and implement employee related policies as assigned.
- Work with Talent Partners to ensure set policies are well implemented and policy refresher training is conducted on an annual basis. Regularly review and update employee-related policies as needed in liaison with the Business Risk Management team
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues in liaison with the Business Risk Management team
- Support Talent Partners in implementing culture initiatives within their respective teams
- Identify and escalate any risks to culture coming out of your discussions with Talent Partners and share proposed recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field, Masters degree will be an added advantage
- At least 6 years’ experience in a busy environment
- Has relevant HR professional qualifications
- Good understanding of relevant labor laws
- Excellent leadership skills with great organizational skills
- Have demonstrated the ability to act decisively and resolve problems
Sanergy/FreshLife is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply.